Which? Travel: Terms and Conditions
These terms apply to anyone using Which? Travel. They apply in addition to the Which? general terms and Privacy Notice, so please take the time to read these because you should not use the Which? Travel subscription service unless you agree to them. Your subscription covers your household, and does not extend to any family members, friends or partners who are living at another address.
- Your Which? Travel membership
- Your membership details
- Paying for your Which? Travel membership
- Data Protection
- The Which? Legal Holiday Advice Service
- Your use of the Which? Travel service
- Our responsibility to you
- What you must do
1. Your Which? Travel membership gives you
- Access to our 6 bi-monthly magazine issues, packed with member-exclusive advice, articles and test results delivered to your door;
- After an initial 30 days of membership, access to legal advice and support by phone for your holiday issues, from a member of the Which? Legal team (please see the Which? Legal Terms and Conditions for limitations on the scope of queries the holiday advice phone service can answer); and
- A monthly newsletter by email with information such as great travel deals, who to book with (and who to avoid), and other insider tips from our experienced team. To receive this newsletter you will need to provide us with a valid email address.
2. Your membership details
We will try and provide your membership details (membership number) as soon as possible after your membership has been processed
3. Paying for your Which? Travel membership
- You will need to pay £3 (the "Fee") per month for a Which? Travel membership. The first month must be paid in full prior to commencement of your membership and you will continue to pay the Fee every month unless you choose to cancel (see Cancellation below).
- You can pay the Fee using most credit and debit cards and all such payments will be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of the card refuses to authorise payment to us, then we will not be able to confirm your order and no contract will exist between us and you.
- You should receive your first copy of the Which? Travel magazine and New Member Pack within 7 working days of signing up.
- You may cancel your membership at any time during the first 14 days of your membership by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01992 822852 . If you cancel your membership within the first 14 days you will be entitled to a full refund of the Fee unless you used our service before the 14 days expired. If so, you’ll be refunded the first month’s subscription payment you made, minus an amount for the number of days your subscription had been running up to when you cancelled.
- You can use the template model cancellation form which can be found here.
- You can cancel your membership at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01992 822800 and your cancellation will take effect from the day before your next payment would have been due, unless you request an earlier date.
5. Data Protection
In accordance with Which?’s Privacy Notice, the information you supply will only be used by Which? and for the purposes stated and will not be passed to any third party for marketing. Any records we keep in relation to the session will only be kept for a limited time in line with the above policy.
6. The Which? Legal Holiday Advice Service
Your Which? Travel subscription gives you access to the Which? Legal advice line, allowing you to ring us and book an appointment for one of our Which? Legal advisers to speak with you about your holiday-related legal issues. When you ring us we will try to connect you to a Which? Legal adviser immediately (if possible). If no advisers are available at the time of your call, we will try to fit you in for an appointment and call you back at a date and time to suit you.
When one of our Which? Legal advisers calls you back, you may ask questions and we will try to provide you with legal information and guidance in relation to your personal (non-business and non-commercial) holiday queries whilst we have you on the phone.
We reserve the right not to answer questions you may ask us on the phone, and terminate the call at any time. The limitations of the legal advice the Which? Legal advisers can give you are set out in the Which? Legal Terms and Conditions.
We are unable to give legal advice relating to non-holiday related issues, unless you add on a full Which? Legal membership to your Which? Travel subscription. Full Which? Legal membership in addition to your Which? Travel subscription will give you access to Which? Legal advisers to answer a range of personal (non-commercial) legal queries.
7. Your use of the Which? Travel service
- The suitability of the advice and information we provide on any call with you depends on the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide us with. We will not investigate your circumstances beyond the information disclosed by you. Please take care to ensure you tell us everything that you think may be relevant to your request and answer our questions as fully as possible.
- ii. We will use reasonable care and skill when providing you with legal advice and guidance. The responsibility for ensuring that the advice and guidance we give you remains appropriate rests with you.
8. Our responsibility to you
- Except where we have failed to use reasonable care and skill in providing legal travel advice and guidance, we will not be responsible for any damage or loss suffered as a result of:
- any delay in providing legal advice and guidance or arranging a call appointment;
- any unavailability of the Which? Travel website;
- acts beyond our reasonable control;
- any failure on your part to provide us with information relevant to your legal issues;
- any third party interference following your use of the Which? Legal advice service;
- any obligation we have to contact the relevant authorities and disclose information pertaining to any illegal act Which? becomes aware of or suspects due to information you have provided or indicated to us; and
- any obligation we have to contact the relevant authorities and disclose information pertaining to any illegal act Which? become aware of or suspect due to information you have provided or indicated to us; and
- any additional circumstances set out in our general terms
9. What you must do
- You agree that you will not use Which? Travel in any way that is:
- illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour;
- likely to damage the reputation of Which?;
- likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person;
- for the purposes of commercial gain;
- defamatory, obscene or offensive; or
- likely to, or will, infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person.
- You confirm you are over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the Which? Travel service.
- Suspension or termination by Which?
Where we think you are misusing Which? Travel, we may suspend your use of any or all of our services until the matter is resolved. In serious cases or in the case of repeated misuse or where we cannot resolve the matter with you, we may terminate your Which? Travel membership. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to, being abusive to our staff or other inappropriate behaviour, using the service for illegal or improper purposes, or where we have been obliged to make a notification under section 8 (a) vi of these terms.
We cannot advise you where this could cause a conflict of interests between your interests and those of Which? or another Which? customer. Where a conflict of interest arises, we may be unable to provide you with exact details due to data protection legislation.
- Keeping a record of the guidance we provide
We (or companies acting on our behalf) may record and review telephone calls or emails to enable us to monitor quality standards and for training purposes.
We recommend that you make a record of any guidance we provide for future reference, as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to reproduce this to reaffirm it.
- Third party rights
No person other than you has any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Viruses and security
Though we take reasonable commercial measures to ensure the safety of your data and devices, due to the nature of electronic communications and the possibility of third party interference, we cannot guarantee that our website and/or any email we send in response to a Request will be free of viruses and technical defects of any description or any forms of computer misuse.
- Engaging third parties to provide the user services
We may engage the services of third parties to provide or assist us in providing any of the Which? Travel services to you. You agree that we may pass on to such third parties that we engage for this purpose, any data or information that you provide to us in accordance with our Privacy Notice when you contact us with a request for information.
- Third party content and linking
Our Guidance may include links to other websites operated by third parties. We do not endorse these third parties and we do not have any control over the nature or accuracy of content on these websites or the way in which they will use the data you provide to them.
- Your use of our content
Please ensure any content you print, copy or download from our website is for your personal use only. You must not use or encourage others to use our website (or its contents) for their or your commercial gain or in a way that could damage the reputation of Which?.
- Contact us
If you have any questions, queries or complaints, then please email us (at email@example.com) and we will be happy to help you. Our offices are open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Can we help you with anything else?
Our Member Services team is always happy to help. You can contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 029 2267 0000.
- Changes to the terms and conditions
Which? may vary any of the terms of your contract to the Which? Travel service at any time where such changes:
- are required for legal or regulatory reasons;
- improve or clarify the services or the terms; or
- are otherwise necessary.
We will make these changes by publishing them online at: https://try.which.co.uk/travel-membership and will notify you in the magazine carrier sheet which comes with each issue of Which? Travel magazine.
We may make changes from time to time, and we suggest you check the website regularly for updates. Where any important changes are made, we will write to notify you of the change. We will endeavour to give you at least 4 weeks’ notice of the change. Where you suffer, or are likely to suffer, a detriment as a result of a change, you will be entitled to cancel your contract with immediate effect and to receive a full or partial refund dependant on the circumstances.
Which? reserves the right to withdraw or amend either this promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, without notice if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes arising from these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- The promoter is Which? Limited, a company registered in England & Wales (company number 00677665) whose registered office is at 2 Marylebone Road, London NW1 4DF ("Which?").